I don’t know where he got the recipe but I tell you, it’s the best! He always makes a huge pot – is there any other way? So we are guaranteed to have leftovers for a few days afterward.
- 1 lb lean ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 pkg El Paso taco seasoning
- 1 pkg dry Ranch seasoning
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 can black beans (drained)
- 1 can pinto beans (undrained)
- can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1 cup water
Brown the meat and the onion. Drain this mixture. In a large crock pot, combine the meat mixture, Rotel, drained black beans, pinto beans, and corn. Add taco seasonings, ranch seasoning and water. Simmer until it is all well blended and HOT! Add grated cheese or sour cream for your toppings. Don’t forget corn chips or cornbread!
Everything was ready just in time for us to sit down and watch the Alabama vs. LSU football game tonight! ROLL TIDE!!! And buen procecho!
Anybody else out there have a special taco soup recipe they would like to share? Hope you enjoy ours! Here are a few shots of the process…I’m so lucky to have a “chef” for a hubby!